Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Monday 9 November 2015

Day 4

Not a very pleasant night but some progress made today - first attempt to get out of bed was an abject failure with me almost failing to do anything at all apart from faint. Anyway further progress was made with the Occuptional Therapists, the Geriatric doctors (me geriatric - I ask you - what a cheek), the pharmacist,  the physios - it is quite amazing who you need to talk to and of course you just must keep in with your nurse, ward sister and care assistant (and not forget their names). I have been moved again to a quieter part of Abington Ward. No weight bearing on my right leg for some six weeks - I'll need to find out why that is.

Laughed until I cried last night.  We had been talking about an incident the waterway and what a lot of unnecessary fuss and bother about it there had been. At much the same time I had been checking my catheter bag (I had 500ml in it) and someone had suggested making a lemon drizzle cake.  As I am fairly useless all round at the moment I offered what was in my catheter bag as pre-warmed Lemon juice.  It has now been agreed that anything that is 'Warm Lemon Juice' is a rather poor idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.