Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Saturday 14 November 2015

Day 9

I hope everyone reading this little blog about one person's recovery from a small, but serious, breakage of a right hip, will take time today to reflect and consider the utter pointless tragedy (no other word for it in my view) of the events in Paris overnight.  People who had gone out for an evening's entertainment at the end of a working week, never to return, and those who will have indelible scars, either physical or phsyoclogical etched upon them for the remainder of their lives - we should stand four square with France and everything that's against terrorism for as long as it takes. And least we forget the police and defence peoples fighting this scourge of modern times.

We had a much quieter night, in fact I would say just quiet.  As it is Saturday there will be no trips to Physio or Radiology and sadly, no magical mystery tour in the offing today but I am sure there will be surprises and the unexpected just around the corner to keep me on my toes.

A lovely shower this morning and a time to wash my hair which was getting pretty awful.  Thank you Mel for bringing the shampoo and conditioner in.

It is so quiet here this morning - no buzz from the doctors, physiotherapists, radiologists and Occupational Therapists doing their 'thing'.  Health does seem to me to be a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week issue so I fully understand the Secretary of State for Health's view that we must move to a 7 day a week operation but the challenge for him is how to get there whilst at the same time keeping the costs under control and the staff on side - quite a challenge.

A really quiet day (as of 18:00) if you exclude the early morning enema for the poor lady in the next door bed!  A lovely visit from Roger Hasdell and then from my friend Rob Westlake.  Weekends really are quiet which is something that passed me by last weekend when I was, I expect, struggling to get over the operation to put screws in my hip.

I expect Sunday will be the same (I have ordered roast turkey and all the trimmings for lunch so at least that will be a highlight!) - I can hardly contain my excitement until it all starts off again on Monday. Seriously though I have been extremely well looked after by the team at my end of Abington Ward and I am truely grateful to them for their care and kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.