Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Wednesday 30 December 2015

Day 55 (7)

My mobility seemed to get a lot better yesterday for some reason.  I can now scoot around with one crutch but prefer two when going outside although I did venture 50m along the towpath on one yesterday. Still slow in the mornings - get a bit stiff overnight - and am a bit slow in the evenings probably because I get quite tired and don't have a lot of stamina at the moment.

I have enjoyed a lovely time with Jo this morning.  Jo looks after the two holiday lets next door to me and has kindly agreed to help me keep the house in good order.  She will fit me in around her current work which is just fine with me so that's another issue resolved.

Well it has been a day of, I think, great progress.  I have managed to vacuum my bedroom, the three flights of stairs and the spare bedroom.  Albeit what usually takes me 25 mins took about four hours with breaks to regain my composure but it is another milestone.  I'll leave the next vacuuming to Jo; she's kindly agreed to change the sheets on my bed (something that made me feel weak at the knees) and do the bathroom.  Bless her.

Tomorrow will be the last of the daily updates I think,  I'll move to weekly updates as I think things are progressing so well - pride comes before a fall so I'll have to be careful on the stairs.  My neighbours Mel and James remonstrated with me this afternoon to be careful!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing amazingly well Kathryn but please don't push yourself too hard. Vacuuming all the stairs seems a step too far to me - mind you I would use any excuse not to :-)
    Kath (nb Herbie)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.