Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Friday 25 December 2015

Day 50 (2)

A very happy Chritstmas to anyone reading this blog - there must be a better sounding word than blog!

A lovely day yesterday with so many visitors which lead to me sleeping like a log last night; I even had to refuse Lynda's kind invitation to sing carols at the Boat Inn at 22:00 because I was sure I couldn't keep awake long enough! It is just great to be home and to be able to do all the things I want to when I want - a bit selfish but when one has enjoyed (endured perhaps) the needs of an institution it is such a relief to be back in charge!

Another fractional bit of progress last night was that I could, for a short period of time, sleep on my side, even on my right side, which I find much more comfortable (foetal position I suppose) without too much discomfort. I can't do it for too long but any little bit of progress is good.

I am off to see my friends Helen and Rob in Yardley Gobion today (Yardley is a place I always remember because the Grand Union canal passes through to the east of Yardley village and there is a sign on the wharf which says 'Please don't let your dog pump out here' - that always brought a smile to my face).

I received a lovely e-mail from my friend Fred last night - haven't seen Fred for some time but he lives only a short distance down the road in Amersham so I hope he will accept my invitation to come and see my 'gaff' as he calls it, soon after Christmas, when we can go to the Boat Inn or the Navigation and have a good old chat and a meal.  Fred - if you are reading this please do come.

A loverly day with my good friends Helen an Rob today - thank you both so much for thinking of me.and making the day so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.