Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Thursday 17 December 2015

Day 42

Another day yesterday when nothing happened.  I do hope things start to move forward today because I fear that if nothing happens then nothing will happen until after the Christmas break - probably Monday 4-January-2016.  That concerns me because of the wasted time that I could put into my recovery and long term future.  I am utterly exasperated by the NHS's inability to do anything helpful or positive at the moment.  I live in hope that something positive will happen today.

10:30 - Just wheeled myself down to the reception area.  They claim to have had a verbal confirmation of my notes but are now awaiting a faxed copy before something may start to happen. I was told that the length of time I have waited for the notes is quite normal. I am just lost for words at that suggestion I am afraid. Hopefully now I may just see this multi-disciplinary team to help me get back to full health.

14:00 - Just had Alison visit with a letter (remember Neville Chamberlain with the 'Peace on our Time' letter) to say I may weight bear subject to a session with Ram the physio in the morning. He will, I understand, recommend long term rehab and that could be at Turn Furlong, Corby or Rushden (see Options for Rehab on the right).  Turn Furlong has three from here (without me) on the waiting list so my head has overruled my heart and I have agreed to go to any of them because I feel my long term rehab in any of the three places is more important to me than holding out for Turn Furlong and waiting for ages.  Poor old young (compared to me) Sarah from CRT lives in the Irthlingborough area which is quite close to both places!



I feel as if a huge cloud has been lifted.  I don't know when I might go to Corby or Rushden but it may be this side of Christmas, it all depends on there being a vacancy being available.  I also feel that there's a huge responsibility on me to do my bit to get back to full health.  The maximum time in Corby or Rushden (at Northants County Council expense) is six weeks but I am advised I would not be sent there if they didn't expect me to be able to go home in six weeks.

A lovely visit at lunch time from my friend Roy from Stoke Bruerne - Roy thank you for being here when the good news came through.

I have been diagnosed, amongst other things, as suffering from Osteopenia which is a precursor to Osteoporosis but doesn't necessarily lead to Osteoporosis.  Osteopenia was only discovered in 1992 so it's all quite new really. There is a silver lining to this broken hip which is that my blood pressure has generally come down with a bump - this afternoon it was 118/68 but my pulse is still a little high at 80 and Oxygen Sats OK at 96%. My blood pressure has been up at around 145/95 for a good number of years.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Less of the 'old' ;-) We'll get you sorted over in East Northants (not quite as posh as South Northants I'm afraid)!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.