Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Thursday 31 December 2015

Day 56 (8)

Slightly more mobile again today - I can even get across the kitchen without a crutch and without any pain. I often watch 24 Hours in A&E and it always starts with the comment that no one wakes up expecting to be in A&E that day - how right they are and no one expects to spend 48 days away from home and all that includes!  It's been quite an eye opener.

It is lovely looking out of my front window to see a number of historic boats arriving in Stoke Bruerne for New Year - I can see Star, Aquilla, Sculptor, Laurel, Moon and I am sure there are more out of sight; there are also the more modern replica boats including Oberon. Stoke Bruerne as it should be - I do hope it gives my friend David Blagrove, looking out of his kitchen window, as much pleasure as it gives me.

I wonder what 2016 will bring - not visits to A&E for me I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.