Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Friday 11 December 2015

Day 36

Goodness me today marks 5 weeks since I fell and broke my hip.  I just cannot believe how quickly the time has passed by especially as I have not had a lot to do except lie here and let the hip get on with growing back together.  The results of that five weeks of growing back together will become evident in Monday when I have my Fracture Clinic appointment.

Saturday marks the Illuminated Boats event in Stoke Bruerne but in reality it is more than that.  The day will start with a Christmas get together for all the local volunteers organised by Canal & River Trust, followed by the opening, by our local MP Andrea Leadsom, of the Ark Stained Glass place in the Old Stables and the the formal unveiling, again by Andrea Leadsom, of the Stoke Bruerne Interpretation Project (I was working on that when I fell and broke my hip) and then we have Illuminated Boats and Carols on the Cut followed by a meal in the Navigation.  Then it will be back, for me, to Cliftonville to await my Fracture Clinic appointment.

I have tried to continue my cross stitch but sadly the lighting is so poor in here (very low wattage bulbs) that I find I can't really see properly to do it.  My gut feel is if I asked for higher wattage bulbs I wouldn't get them so I think the best thing to do is wait and see what the outcome of Monday's Fracture Clinic appointment is and see what I might need to do after that to improve my lighting should I end up back here!

A short but very welcome visit from my friend Emma, who lives in Brackley, this afternoon.  I will hopefully see Emma in Stoke Bruerne tomorrow when I go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.