Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Saturday 12 December 2015

Day 37

Off to Stoke Bruerne today at about 09:30 (hope breakfast comes in time).  A big day in Stoke Bruerne as we have:
  • Christmas get together for all the volunteers at 11:00
  • Opening of the Ark Stained Glass in the Old Stables at 14:30
  • Formal opening of the Stoke Bruerne Interpretation project (working on that when I broke my hip!) at 15:00
  • Illuminated Boats at 16:30
  • Carols at 17:30
  • A visit to the Navigation for an evening meal (I have to be back in Cliftonville by 21:00 as the gates are locked then) at 19:00

Today will give me a real opportunity to test out the electric wheelchair; up to now I have just been practicing low speed manoeuvres.

I am not the world's best at wheel-chairing at low speed but I think I improved during the day.

We started with a Volunteer Christmas 'do', then the opening of the Ark Stained Glass craft place with Andrea Leadsom (MP for South Northants), Richard Parry and Vicky Martin from CRT, then the formal opening of the Stoke Bruerne Interpretation Project again with Andrea, Richard and Vicky and finally Iluminated Boats and Carols on the Museum Green. Finally a good blow out in the Navigation Pub.

I thought it was just a wonderful day all round.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at the fracture clinic on Monday. We will be keeping our fingers crossed for you. Unfortunately Herbie isn't at Crick for the winter so we haven't been up your way since we saw you in October. And we are fairly tied up with family duties at the moment which are keeping us close to home.
    Kath

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.