Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Wednesday 9 December 2015

Day 34

I am becoming a little anxious about the outcome of Monday's Fracture Clinic appointment. I know there's not a lot I can do to influence the outcome except continue with the exercises given me by the Physios, who incidentally, have not been back other than to pop in for five minutes recently.  I suppose they must think that the exercises they have given me are sufficient until such time as I am allowed to weight bear or, a new term that came in on Monday, partially weight bear - whatever that means.  No one has been to check what I am doing or what I can or can't do - all very strange and at the moment I am not prepared to challenge for fear we have another day like last Wednesday with the  Geriatric consultant. Bullying in hospital - perish the thought!

Just had the consultant visit (same one as last week) and if my understanding of body language and demeanour is correct I have won the battle with him.  They do try and be hugely simplistic about things but I avoided the opportunity to rise to any bait and we have parted, this time I believe, as 'friends' - he's just not my cup-of-tea and would rate him as 1/10 for bedside manner.

I am hoping my friend Lorna will visit today and get me started on my cross stitch - I am a bit confused by long cross stitch and have always undertaken embroidery with a pattern on the backing - not this time - it is plain white (well cream really). Lorna did get me started - we had such a laugh (she had me in stitches!) and we've managed 7 of them.

Then lovely visits from Helen and Roger and a number of Christmas cards from home.  A good finish to the day.

A lovely call late this evening from my friend (and previous boss in BA - poor girl) Tricia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.