Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Thursday 3 December 2015

Day 28

A really good night's sleep despite being woken up in the middle of the night by one of the staff wanting my notes! Very odd.  What a day yesterday was; I don't think I have ever been spoken to in the way I was - I am utterly appalled by what happened.  The visit by the matron in charge of the Discharge team, did however, restore my faith in human nature.

I spent some time yesterday watching the Parliament channel and listening to the MPs debating authorising bombing in Syria.  A difficult decision but, having listened to some of the debate, I feel the correct decision, in the circumstances, was made. We must support out allies. I think it was a hugely difficult decision; I have a great deal of respect for Hilary Benn (Shadow Foreign Secretary) for such an impassioned speech.  Having worked for BA for so many years I have a number of Muslim friends who are as horrified by the actions of (so called) IS as we are and certainly the atrocities committed are not in the name of Islam.

A quiet day today but as of 16:00 I have enjoyed very pleasant visits from Roy Sears and Trevor Morley - thank you both for taking the time to come and see me.

This evening I have enjoyed a lovely visit from Mikey P and then a most helpful time with Vicky M. Thank you both.

I hammered the exercises today - I think I may have overstretched the ligament/tendon running down the back of my right (bad) leg but it is important than I can do everything I may be expected to do on 14-December.  Off to my beloved stomping ground of Stoke Bruerne in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.