Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Friday 17 June 2016

Day 1 of recovery

A very quiet day here. I did get up at 10:30 but again felt very weak, sick and 'woosy' so it was back to bed within a few minutes. I don't think I have taken to this second operation at all well and perhaps that's because I have been going 'downhill' for a couple of months.  The operated leg really is amazingly sore.

I did manage to get some voluntary work done for Canal & River Trust - I know it is important work and it does keep me going a little.

In the late evening Binu (who seems to take care of me when she is on shift) found someone to authorise some more 'potent' painkillers and that worked very well in that within half an hour I felt much less pain and gave me the ability to 'exercise' the repaired leg.  I am also back on the self-administered morphine. I do wonder why I am experiencing all this 'pain' and can only put it down to the muscles being damaged in some way during the run up to the THR (Total Hip Replacement).

I'll just take each day as it comes and try and move forward as and when I can.

The Morphine was removed at 10:00 - huge amounts of paperwork to ensure the Morphine is accounted for.

Having trouble with my blood pressure - 115/86 when lying in my bed gut 86/50 when standing - we'll have to work out what to do - my BP has always erred on the high side so this is new ground for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.