Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Thursday 2 June 2016

Is it reasonable?

Last Thursday (that's a week ago) I saw my GP about the lack of progress I consider I am making now; she agreed that I should be making quicker progress and further agreed to refer me back to my consultant urgently as, quite understandably, what's going on with my hip is outwith the range of issues a GP could reasonably be expected to deal with and she was concerned about my walking. So, in those circumstances, is it reasonable to expect that a week later a letter of referral would have been sent - well they do fax them? I already have a consultant so it isn't as if she has to find one for me. If I make my own private (at cost to me) appointment to see the same consultant the process is that I have to produce a letter of referral so the GP is the critical path.

The simple situation is that a week later, despite pressure from me earlier in the week, nothing has happened and the letter of referral has not been written and therefore not sent to the appropriate department within Northampton General Hospital (NGH). I really did think she was doing good things for me but I must say I am extremely disappointed given nothing has been done yet.  Is that a reasonable view to take I wonder?

1 comment:

  1. I think it is a reasonable view to take, Kathryn and I hope she sorts it out soon. It seems to all be down to luck on how quickly things get done. Chris had a chest x-ray done at our local minor injuries unit last year and within 1.5 hours our surgery called to ask him to see a doctor that evening. Scary stuff, but it all turned out to be nothing (thankfully). The doctor sent the referral that day and it was all done and dusted as rapidly as possible. Keep badgering the surgery is all I can suggest. Good luck. Jennie nb Tentatrice

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.