Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Monday 27 June 2016

Day 11

Well we are in to 'normal' recovery procedures now so I'll only update this as and when there is anything significant to report.

Recovery continues - managed to get to the museum and back (70m) yesterday with just a walking stick but I did feel slightly vulnerable.  Mobility is not my best subject at the moment.

Wimbledon starts today (weather not looking too promising) so that will entertain me for the coming fortnight and my very good friend Sue is coming to stay for the second week of Wimbledon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.