Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Saturday 9 January 2016

Days 64 (16) to 65 (17)

Decided to publish this one as well because there was a milestone event today when I drove my car (Mazda MX-5) for the first time since breaking the hip.  That's going to give me a huge amount of additional freedom.

09-Jan
Nothing too much in the plan for today but I am going to the Spice of Bruerne with friends tonight;  I find being confined to home that going out for a meal is a really good tonic (if only the Government wouldn't keep telling us we should't drink - in 5 minutes time they'll find a reason - after protests from the licencing trade - that alcohol is good for us)! A bit more success today - I have managed to get in and out of the car and operate the clutch and brake with no problems so it looks as if James and I might go for a little drive tomorrow. Well James popped over and we've been to Milton Keynes (known as MK around here) and back with James and me driving (not at the same time you understand) and got the car going again (as it were) and topped it up with petrol.  All systems go now!

A lovely evening with friends in the Spice of Bruerne finished off a milestone day.

08-Jan
My friend Fred visited today - haven't seen Fred for a number of years but it was as if we had seen each other yesterday - reminiscing about all the fun we had enjoyed over the years. We had a lovely lunch at the Navigation, both choosing breaded plaice and chips - no need for an evening meal then! Fred picks up a brand new MX-5 on Saturday - seems MX-5s are the in thing to have these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.