Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Tuesday 19 July 2016

Getting better still

Although I still get tired very quickly (my physio Liz says that's quite usual) I really do feel so much better every day.  The internal swelling seems to be going down which allows more movement in my hip.

My doc won't allow me to drive to Bristol (well halfway between Bristol and Bath) tomorrow for my friend Trevor's funeral and I can't find anyone who can 'reasonably' take me.  Hopefully my friend Steph and I will pop down to the pub at lunchtime and raise a glass in his memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.