Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Sunday, 28 February 2016

Day 109 (62) to Day 116 (69)

My friend Richard visited this morning and put a saucepan rack in my kitchen. Thank you Richard.  Bitterly cold again but with March around the corner I rather hope it will get warmer during the month especially as Easter is at the end of March. 

I see poor old Christchurch (in NZ) has endured yet another fairly strong earthquake over night (Sunday/Monday for them) - 4.3 on the Richter scale bit only a depth of 5km so a real shake poor souls.

Much better today. It was as if a good night's sleep fixed everything.  My consultant did warn me that days like yesterday would happen from time-to-time - he was right and they are not very pleasant when the do happen. Had a lovely shower this morning - there's still a bit of work to do but in the main things are finished.

The large piece of glass
disappearing into
my house
A really bad day today - I felt as if I had gone backwards down a really steep slope. Very tired and very sore.  I put it down to sitting for 2 and a half hours at a CRT meeting in a very cold (bitterly cold in my view) meeting over lunch.

Jim and Dave finished off most of the bathroom work today - they had to take a large piece of glass up the outside of the house - a bit scary but they managed it with ease.

A quiet day looking after the boys as the make great progress with the shower - it really looks good but we can't get the glass partition up the stairs (well they can't) so on Friday it will be hoisted up the outside of the house to the middle bedroom window - I'll get some photos to record what happens.

A busy day today.  Blood test at 09:30, tea and biscuits for the boys, a meeting with CRT in the Museum at 14:00 and an appointment with the NHS Physio in Towcester at 14:45.  Interestingly she advised me that for every week of no movement it will take seven (7) weeks to get full muscle tone back so that's the end of November for me!

Off to Westbury in Wilshire today for the funeral of of my very good friend Derek and to support his wife Georgie and sons Julian and Trevor. Mike P very kindly insisted on driving me there and back. If funerals can be good it was a very good one.  Poor Derek has been slowly going for about 11 years and finally succumbed to the inevitable on 9-February. I was very pleased to be able to go.  On the way back Mike and I stopped in Devizes for a cuppa. 

Awful smell in the house when we arrived home because the sewer was 'blowing' up the pipe - soon fixed with a piece of cling film!  All the tiles on one wall fell off when the first one was removed - it must have given the boys a fright.

Jim and Dave were meant to start work on my bathroom today but unfortunately Dave's daughter was ill so it will be tomorrow when they start - I'll be away in Westbury (Wilts) for the day. I had a session this morning with Liz (my private Physio) in which she had my leg in all sorts of positions - I understand the bone is very strong but the muscles are still in need of attention - and don't I know it after today!

No comments:

Post a comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.