Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Tuesday 3 May 2016

No 3 of an occasional update

A really good visit to my physio, Liz, this morning. She has an amazing, professional, knack of making me feel happier about how things are and sending me away not needing my walking stick!  But I suppose that's her job in life!

The muscle in my thigh which is causing the most trouble is the 'vastus lateralis' as it's causing issues mainly because it doesn't like running over the plate and the screws I have.  Liz says it may take another 18 months for things to settle down but that I should also see my GP (arranged for Thursday this week) to see if she will prescribe Diclofenic which, as long as it doesn't upset your stomach, is probably safer than Ibuprofen.  I shall discuss this on Thursday and see where we get to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.