Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Thursday 1 September 2016

An odd phone call

My phone rang this morning and on the other end of the line was Northampton General Hospital. They asked me to confirm who I was and that I had recently had a hip replacement - no problem there!

It turns out they thought I had been discharged yesterday and were keen to offer me physio as soon as possible.  I explained that it was about 11.5 weeks since my hip replacement on 15-June. There was a deathly silence and then NGH said they would like to see me anyway!

Can't believe it has taken them that long to call me and even more dumbfounded to be told the earliest they can see me is 14-September!  No wonder the NHS is in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.