Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Wednesday 10 August 2016

Things still going well

Although I am not back to doing everything I used to do I am still making, what I consider, good progress.  The day in Woking didn't set me back at all and I continue my walking every day - not always a great distance but as often as possible at least just above the long term average if I possibly can.

My physio, Liz, has left it to me to make the next appointment as she feels I am making such good progress but of course she has given me some fairly strenuous exercises to undertake!

Part of me wishes so much that I had been given a new hip all those months ago in November-2015 but I am assured the right decision was made (for me and the NHS) to try and make the Dynamic Hip Screw work.  However there's not much to be gained from looking backwards and saying 'I wish' and the right way is to look forward and take advantage of the work that was done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.