Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Tuesday 11 April 2017

A final sign off from NGH

An appointment this morning with my consultant at Northampton General Hospital where he gave me a full discharge which means I am not under their immediate care any more - that's wonderful news and means I can get on with life (not that I haven't been getting on with life!).

1 comment:

  1. Great news Kathryn. I am sure we will meet up one day, but it may not be this year. Our plans are very fluid at present as Chris had surgery on a bunion 4 weeks ago, so a late start for us. We hope to go for a local cruise in May - Droitwich Spa to Stratford, Twekesbury, Gloucester and maybe Sharpness before heading back to Droitwich for the middle of July. Then there are family and friends events before we head off again in early August, but no plans have been made - yet! Jennie nb Tentatrice

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.