Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Friday 28 October 2016

It's almost a year since I broke my hip

I had an appointment with an Orthopaedic Consultant today - what a lovely man he is.

He says I am doing very well and that with any luck the new hip will see me out but to be aware that it also may not last - it's just one of those things because the hip is now man-made there is the possibility of it failing.

Well I suppose that's a risk we take in life and where would I be if the NHS hadn't replaced it (after trying so hard to repair it).

He did say that I should try and forget that I have had my hip replaced and just get on and enjoy life which is what I think I have been doing for the last few months so that's what I'll do and unless there is something important to say I'll not update this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.