Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Sunday 27 March 2016

Day 141 (89) to Day 148 (96)

A fairly quiet week although I did go backwards (not unexpected I think) for about four days. There was a really sharp pain at the top of my thigh but as of the time of writing it seems to be going - thank goodness.

Most of the week I have been battling a chest infection - really quite tiring but I think I have that licked.

My last NHS physio this coming week. I have to be honest and say I don't think the NHS have delivered subsequent to the outstanding clinical care they provided.  I understand they are overwhelmed but to my mind they spoil the ship for that hap'worth of tar. I don't know where I'd be without the commitment and dedication of Liz at Working Bodies in Towcester. She has challenged me every time I have seen her event to the extent of calling me a waddling fat duck early on  - so I went home and thought 'She's not going to call me that again'!

Stamina is still the issue - some days it is good and others not quite so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.